Thursday 26 September 2013

 Yet another Design has come through - Now I have the urge to Scrap 
Jo has also stopped by tonight with a sweet chippy layout
 
My daughter has been dancing since she was just 5 years old and I have tried over the years to scrapbook each of the groups and solo dances she has learnt and competed with.  This year is her last with the under 10s groups and it was fun to pull all the wonderful photos of one of her song and tap group – “elegance” taken over a 3 year period and prepare this layout. 
I wanted the layout to be a bit grungy, similar to the costuming and song.  Molossi had supplied me with a chipboard park bench as part of my September kit and immediately my thoughts were to use it to replicate the photo of my daughter in this dance.  The chipboard fence from Molossi also fitted well with the layout and gave it the “English” feel which suited the song.
I sponged white paint onto both the chipboard pieces and sprayed some bubblegum glimmermist onto the fence to pull in the pink tones I had used with the papers.
The background was just a grey cardstock with a Crafter’s Workshop chicken mesh template and black ink used to give the background effect.  Some raw cardboard torn and added in on either sides, a few rolled flowers created with a Sizzix die and some leaves and flourishes also cut from dies , a Molossi padlock with twine through it and a couple of punched buttons completed the embellishment cluster. 
Of course the journaling is always important on these pages, documenting the journey – on the back of the pages I keep a record of each of the placings the group has received during the time they have been performing it.
Thanks for dropping by.



Be sure to view  more of Jo' work at
 http://www.josscrapofdifference.blogspot.com.au/
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment